About the Africa Sustainability Challenge On the 24th of April 2018, AB InBev Africa through it’s local country markets, went live with our very first Africa Sustainability Challenge! We are looking for Africa’s top innovation entrepreneurs to solve our continent, and the world’s Sustainability Challenges. As a global company, we want to continue to brew beer and build brands that will bring people together for the next 100+ years. In order to achieve this goal, we need assistance from Africa’s brightest minds as we cannot do it alone.
Up for grabs is the following for the minds behind the best solutions: 1. A trip to Africa’s very own Silicone Savannah in Nairobi Kenya 2. $50 000 for seed capital funding to scale their enterprise; and or 3. An opportunity to compete in the global stage at our New York based Accelerator
The 5 Challenges
1. Smart Agriculture Challenge: Do you have an innovation that builds high impact, inclusive solutions that improve grower access to sustainable agricultural resources, products, processes, or tools that can increase the quality, yield, and sustainability of farming at scale?
2. Water Stewardship Challenge: Do you have an innovative solution to expand access to water and sanitation services among households with no access to water?
3. Climate Action Challenge: Do you have an innovative solution that support low income communities, to adapt and transform to meet the challenges of climate change with access to renewable energy or carbon reduction opportunities?
4. Circular Packaging Challenge: Do you have an innovative solution that uses waste streams as a resource, generating value, and redirecting them from landfills? Ensuring that we have a waste free, circular future
5. Entrepreneurship Challenge: Do you have an innovative business solution that depends on employing a large number of people in order to solve sustainability challenges such as renewable energy, climate change, access to clean and safe water, waste management and sustainable agriculture?
Application open & closing dates Applications are open from 24 April – 31 May 2018 Interested entrepreneurs can get all the details as well as submit applications at http://www.challengeaccepted.africa/
Application Criteria: 1. All African based nationals that are at least 18 years of age 2. Only entrepreneurs with legally registered businesses 3. Must be green businesses operating for minimum 12 months 4. Business with minimum turnover of USD 16 000 annually
Participating countries Entrepreneurs from the following countries where we operate, can apply: Botswana, Ghana, Lesotho, Mozambique, Namibia, Nigeria, South Africa, Swaziland, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia
Regional Information sessions We’ll be hosting information sessions in the following areas, where you can find out more details about the Challenge, in addition to networking with like-minded green entrepreneurs!
- 4 May: Green Hook-Up Dinner (Johannesburg South Africa)
- 8 May: Green Hook-Up Dinner (Dar es Salaam Tanzania)
- 9 May: Green Hook-Up Dinner (Maputo Mozambique)
- 11 May: Green Hook-Up Dinner (Kampala Uganda)
- 16 May: Green Hook-Up Dinner (Lusaka Zambia)
We look forward to unearthing Africa’s top innovators that will change the face of Sustainability in the continent, and the world!
Regards ABInBev Family
Go to their website